Thursday 11 April 2019

add/sub learning story

Tini’s Maths learning Story
The Problem:  
Ajay’s Parent’s


At Ajay’s parent’s wedding on the weekend 99 people were
invited to the wedding.  

48 extra people showed up.  
How many people were there?

What different ways can you solve this problem?

How we solved the problem:
First I read the problem and I added 99 people and 48 extra people to Ajay’s wedding.
Next I add the 1 to the 99 = 100 so I can make a whole hundred.
Then I add 100 to 47.
Finally I got the answer  147 people that come to A jay's wedding.


Working as a group is important:  Choose 2 to write about
I am good at….  because….
I am getting better at ….. because …..
It’s hard for me …… because …...
I need to work on  because….
I am good splitting the numbers because I make even numbers so I can make the right answer.  


I’m good at  using different strategies  because I explain ideas and keeping my team on track so
they know how to say the ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment