Sunday 9 June 2019

Justice



In Room 4, we’ve been thinking about things that are just and unjust.


We’ve been reading a book called ‘Dawn Raids’ by Pauline Smith.


We’ve been thinking about what is just or unjust in the story.


I think it was fair when the grandma hit the police because
 she was trying
to keep her family
protected.


I think it was unfair when  the police took the men to jail because
they thought
that
they were overstayers for 20
years but they weren't overstayers.


We’ve also been learning about the treaty of Waitangi.  We’ve been finding
out about promises
that were broken.


I think it was fair when the maori killed the settlers because they killed
Te Rauparaha wife at the
Wairau Valley.


I think it was unfair when the England people didn't sign the treaty.

I was able to make some connections between these things and my life.  


In my life it’s fair when my brother lets me play with his
Pokemon card sometimes.


In my life it’s unfair when I don't get to play games because
I always to do homework.


When that unfair thing happened, I got mad because my big brothers
aways get to play games.  

No comments:

Post a Comment